Please follow the below suggestions for a successful update before you begin:
- Connect the Overdryve 8 Pro II to a charger to avoid disruptions during the download and installation process.
- The GPS should be linked to a strong and reliable Wi-Fi network. This will ensure all the large files are downloaded and installed successfully.
Step by Step Instructions to update Overdryve 8 Pro II
- You can tap on the Gear Icon as shown in the screenshot below to look for the update options. Alternatively, you can go into Rand Navigation, tap on the Settings icon and look for System update under the General tab.
- Tap the “System Updater” icon.
- Tap the “Check for Updates” button. This will check if there are any updates available for your GPS. The updates usually include the latest maps, bug fixes, or new and enhanced features.
- The next screen will give you details of the updates available for the GPS. Select “Install All Updates.”
- The update process will start. You can see the size and number of files being downloaded, as well as the download progress, on the screen.
- You’ll see a message on the screen reading, “Your system is up to date” once the update has finished.
Troubleshooting the Overdryve 8 Pro II Update
If you are experiencing any issues with the device after the update is complete, you can follow the below steps to resolve the problems.
- Connect to a strong and stable Wi-Fi
- Select “TRUCK TOOLS”
- Select “GPS REPAIR”
- Select “SCAN”
This will fix the issue by repairing the missing files from the update. The issues with the device usually appear after the update if the Wi-Fi connection is not stable.
What are the benefits of updating Rand McNally Overdryve 8 Pro II?
It is advisable that you keep your Overdryve 8 Pro II up to date, as it will provide you with a better experience and many more new features. Some of the benefits of updating your GPS are:
- Improved search results
- Updated maps and Points of Interest (POI)
- Bug fixes to improve the device performance