TomTom GPS Update
Tomtom device makes your Tomtom GPS navigation manage the contents and gives full access to the community. To get the latest map updates you need to connect your navigation device to Tomtom. It gives access to the users to choose the preferred language they are comfortable in. Once chosen it will provide every detail in that language. It exclusive feature that makes it more compatible with the user is that it gives alternative suggestions for mounting the navigation device.
Best TomTom GPS Devices
TomTom Go 5200:
The decisive high-end satnav. It’s a pleasure to use with a band of additional features for frequent drivers. If you have been finding the best driving, this one belongs.
- Citified phone integration
- Automatic use
- Lifetime accuracy
TomTom Via 62:
Extravagant handful-range satnav with hands-free Bluetooth. It is fairly accurate in finding locations. It uses live traffic details to avoid the long and over-rushed route.
- Enabled Bluetooth
- Affordable in price
- Make and Receive call.
TomTom Start 52:
The European Map with detailed information. It’s easy in handling as well as set up and has crystal clear menus and guidance.
- Simple to use
- Good on-board storage
- Accurate navigation
Steps for Tomtom device set up on Computer
To set up My TomTom on your computer, do the following:
- Get an Ethernet cable and connect your computer to the router else make use of the wireless network.
- Next, access a web browser in it.
- Type tomtom.com/getstarted in the address bar and click ‘Enter’.
- An option to select your country will appear on your screen.
- Choose your country and click on ‘Get Started’ You may have to select your country to continue.
- There will be a “Download MyTomTom” option on the left-hand side, click on it.
- Soon, the browser starts downloading support application of My TomTom which user needs to install later in order to connect your device. Follow on-screen instructions.
- When flashed connect your device to your computer via USB cable. Lastly, switch on your device.
Note– The user should connect your USB cable in USB port directly and not into a USB hub or the port in keyboard or monitor.
TomTom Get Started as soon as you install the support application on the computer. After installation, you can use it from notification bar itself.
Some Major Issues of TomTom Device.
- Drained/Dead Battery
- Bad Display
- Internal Issues
- Updating Device Firmware
- Blank Screen
- Resetting the device
- Device stuck on start screen
- Charging Trouble
- Bad Speaker
- Black Screen
Caution While Installing Device on Mount
It’s necessary to consider carefully where to install mount in your vehicle. Make sure that the mount should not interfere or block with any of the following:
- Any of your mirrors
- Your view of the road
- Any airbags
- Any of the controls in your car
If you mount your navigation device its essential that you easily reach the device without any much effort as it might become a distract factor. The perfect location for the mount is either windscreen or Dashboard via Dashboard Mount Disk.
“Plan Your First Trip with TomTom GPS”
Note: Before getting started you should plan a route to be chosen.
Get steps to Use TomTom
To plan a route on your TomTom GPS, do the following:
- Go on the Main Menu of the screen.
- Click on “Navigate to.”
- Mention your Street Address
- Enter the details including locality, city name or code. As soon as the correct locality or city appears in the list, tap the name to select it.
- In this situation, you can follow one of the following:
- Type the concerned Street name to navigate to a house address.
- Or, mention nearby Landmark or POI to make it easier to navigate to a Landmark or POI.
Process To Update TomTom GPS
Getting your TomTom device updated will help you to be on top for the updated routes and locations, and makes sure to provide the latest navigation details for your travel. You can easily update your TomTom device either by using MyDrive Connector TomTom home application exclusively available at TomTom’s official website.
Here are the steps with both methods. We will discuss it subsequently:
With MyDrive Connect
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
- Switch on your TomTom Device.
- Wait for the application to recognize your device.
- Next, sign in to MyDrive Connect with the email address and password.
- Tap on “Update” in “Update and news item” for TomTom Updates.
- Wait until the installation is finished.
- Disconnect your TomTom device from your computer.
The same procedure should be taken into account while updating the device With TomTom Home.
Summary– This article contributes all TomTom GPS Updates and device features. Additionally, we have also mentioned the common issues with TomTom Device. For further information, you may visit our website.